Wednesday 3 October 2012

Live Healthy Feel Happy

Hiya!

As I mentioned in my last post, I have felt a little down recently, but I have decided to change that. We only have one life, so I guess it is important that I make the most of it. Whatever it is I'm not happy with, I am going to try and change it. So this is my campaign for me, to try live healthier and hopefully that will make me feel happier! Hence the post title.

Step one of this new motto, was to tackle my skin. Recently it hasn't been looking so good, so I have started getting into a new skincare routine every morning. I hate having spots, but luckily this is helping...

Simple make really amazing products. They are a popular brand, and it is no wonder why. The products are easy on the skin, making it softer as well. So first off, I wipe my face with a 'Simple Spotless Skin Quick fix Cleansing Wipe.' I do this because it gets rid of excess make up and generally makes you feel fresher.

The three products above (from left to right) are 'Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser' from The BodyShop, 'Seaweed Clarifying Toner' from The BodyShop and 'Neutrogena Visibly Clear oil-free Moisturiser'.

After using the wipes, I splash my face with warm water. Then use the cleanser. As the picture of my hand shows, the cleanser comes out as a foam. I apply this to my hands then rub all around my face, until it is mostly rubbed in, then leave for a minute or so. It smells very leafy, which might not appeal to all, but it is actually a really nice product. Then I wash this off with warm water. Next using the toner, I dribble it onto some cotton wool pads, or tissue, and apply to face, by stroking the pad in an upward motion. This is a pretty big bottle, and as you can see even though I have used it a few times, I have loads left! After that I apply some moisturiser to my face. The Neutrogena moisturiser should get rid of spots, however it doesn't completely, but it does still help and is a worthwhile product.

However, the only problem with using moisturiser is that it leaves your skin looking slightly shiny. So to stop that I use 'Dream Matte Powder' by Maybelline. It comes with a fold out mirror and pad. I bought this because I had heard rave reviews over it on the internet, and it was worth the buy! I don't like to wear foundation all the time, so instead I use this to powder my face!

What products do you like? Feel free to leave a comment!

Mary

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I haven't tried that moisturiser but it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love make-up wipes for long days or a night out (and your drunk)
    But I wouldn't recommend them for a daily basis. A good face wash and mineral sea exfoliating pad, sorted!
    What do you think?
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice blog here! Visit mine and let me know what you think, maybe we could follow each other!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the neutrogena range- i use the exfoliator, 2-in-1 wash and mask, and the cleansing lotion so i'd definitely recommend trying all of those!
    i love johnsons baby wipes for taking off make up! i've never really got on with simple for some reason.
    anywayyyyy, i've just started following, you have a great little blog here, i'm new to blogging too so pop over for a chat, its always nice to speak to someone in the same boat.
    hope to hear from you soon
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try more from Neutrogena, it is a great brand! Thank you for the lovely message. It is nice to find someone in the same boat, blogging for the first time can be a bit scary!

      Delete
  5. I love Simple too! Works well and affordable. I really want to try their moisturizers though. Just found your lovely blog and am now following :-)xx
    Shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete