Wednesday 26 September 2012

Battle of the Lip Balms

Hiya!

As it is Autumn now and Winter is coming up it is getting pretty chilly. I don't know about anyone else but my lips get so dry and become cracked at this time of year. So I am always on the look out for an amazing lip balm to help with this. I must have a million at home, and so this post is a review on which is the best from the bunch!

Here are the contenders:

I am going to be reviewing (from left to right): Cherry Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm, Vaseline Lip Therapy, Burt's Bees Beeswax Balm, Nivea Soothe and Protect and finally Agatha Ruiz De La Prada Lip balm in Tutti Frutti.

Vaseline Lip Therapy



This had an easy application, as it is a simple wind up tube. Once applied my lips didn't feel too greasy, but it did accentuate the cracks in my lips. Exactly what I wanted to avoid! It didn't last for too long on the lips, however the tube would last me a very long time.

Score: 6/10





Nivea Soothe and Protect


I must point out firstly, the colour of the balm isn't orange, my camera is broken so I had to borrow one and it came out that colour. It is more of a yellow/cream shade.

It was quite similar to the Vaseline, but the look of the packaging is more appealing. It smells quite nice too, but again it doesn't last as long on your lips

Score: 7/10


Agatha Ruiz De La Prada in Tutti Frutti



I want to start by saying this is the best smelling lip balm I have ever owned. As the name 'tutti frutti' suggests, the smell is of a mixture of fruits. It is also really cute looking and you can buy them in different colours, patterns and smells. But the actual lip balm itself is a disappointment, it is greasy, and comes off very easily.

Score: 5/10


But's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm



The smell is of honey, but it is very strong and I personally dislike it. Your lips feel soft when you first apply and looked fuller. However something started to happen to my lips! On the label it describes it as being 'cooling and refreshing' but it felt more like an unpleasant burning. I ended up scrubbing it off my mouth!

Score: 2/10




Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in Cherry


I had heard so many rave reviews about this lip balm and so I had to buy it! It looks cute and smells really nice. But the best part is when you apply it. My lips felt softer and looked plumper. There was a tiny hint of shine, and the application wasn't as easy as it is in a small tin. But the lip balm itself was really great.

This was definitely the winner.
Score: 9/10



So as you can see, out of some of the most popular lip balms around Carmex really lived up to the reviews, and was the winner!
What lip balms do you use? Feel free to leave a comment, I love to read them!

Mary

9 comments:

  1. i am obsesssed with lip balm, i also love carmex haha, your blog is great, but you have no follow button? i'd really like to follow you x

    http://hiyaitslaura.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I've added a follow button now, so would love it if you followed! Agreed carmex is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much dear! I followed you :D hehehe
    hmmm, I use Fresh Sugar lip treatment. It's my favorite so far. Or Rosebud Salve but I always misplace it when I want it, haha. I'd love to try carmex!

    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'd love to try the ones that you have suggested x

      Delete
  4. My favourite has to be the Vaseline - though I love the tins the most!
    Thanks for the follow!
    Love blondie X
    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspto.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for checking out my post, I would definitely recommend the YSL mascara! I love Carmex, so disappointed with the Burts Bee's as I was expecting good things from them!

    www.victoriasbeautysecretsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! :) And usually I love Burt's Bees so was disappointed, but oh well I'll just stick to my carmex!

      Delete
  6. I was dissapointed with burts bees too! Vasaline is the one for me :)

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. carmex is the absolute best!! been buying it for years and nothing has beaten it yet.love it <3

    ReplyDelete